Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I hope you had a wonderful 2008 & hope you have a great 2009! Wow - it is so hard to believe another year has passed. I just wonder what this year will bring us. In 2008 God blessed us in so many ways - we have a beautiful son, Josh still has his job at the Mary Kendall Home surviving layoffs, blessing us with the ability to buy a mini-van, some unexpected financial blessings & saving us from some potential financial disasters! Now that 2008 has passed - I am looking forward to whatever it is that God has in store for me this year. I just want His will to be accomplished in my life. "Resolutions" can be so hollow... having one only to say you have one & that is as far as the resolution goes. My resolution is to get closer to God. I want to be more like Jesus, to learn to love as he loves, be as forgiving as he is & as compassionate as he is. I want to be more like Jesus. So - they say not to just say you have a resolution - you need a game plan. Mine is to read my bible more and spend more time in prayer. This past fall I told a teenager in our youth group about a relationship with Jesus...."How can you know & be closer to Jesus if you never learn about Him or care to talk to Him? Relationship requires dialog & interest from both parties." That is my intent: to have a deeper relationship with Christ. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: