Friday, January 2, 2009

WoW - What a day...

Today was so busy - especially for a woman who hasn't been out of the house much. My first true outing since Isaiah came home Thanksgiving day was to buy Josh's Christmas present the day before Christmas Eve. Other than that I have only left the house to go work at the church or go to the Dr's office. SAD! So - today...still no real excitement. Josh kept Isaiah at the house & I took a trip to the hospital for some blood work, a trip to the bookstore (one of my former employers) to return a key, pick up a dish & drop off a card & picture of the best looking boy in the world!!!!!! Then it was time to hurry up & come home to feed Isaiah & then I was off again. I went to the church to work for a couple of hours. I came home around 3:20 pm - fed Isaiah again & Josh went to work. Like I said...what a day. So at home, I took down the Christmas tree & decorations, worked on the church's website, my website, paid a few bills & worked on some paperwork, not to mention feeding Isaiah a few times in between. But I could hear the TV in the living room from my office while I was "busy" & I heard Kentucky win the football game! GO CATS! I am ready to CRASH! For some reason - I have to get up every 2 hours at night. I was talking to my friend the other day & commented that I should probably get some naps in while he sleeping. She agreed...but my list of things to do isn't getting any smaller so I feel too stressed to sleep - unless I just collapse. So I am getting about 3 - 6 hours of sleep every night. I need to start going to bed around 10 pm instead of when Josh goes to bed around 1:30 - 2 am. Anyway - that is a glimpse of my crazy (but not so crazy to most) day. I hope to get some pictures taken of Isaiah tomorrow. So be sure to come back now...ya hear?

2 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

It will get better! Then worse, then better again! lol TAKE YOUR NAPS!!! You will not be a good mommy for him if you are not rested! Stuff will get done. Don't try to get too much done in one day. You have plenty of time to be busy LATER. Right now, you have a little precious bundle that will only be this tiny bundle for a VERY short time. Take the time to enjoy it and not spend too much time worrying about everthing else!!!! (I'm good at lecturing!). There is a reason why there are maternity leaves and you should have taken one, MISSY! :)

Joanne Fowler said...

By the way, that blog banner... he looks like YOU. haha!