Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yikes Ike!

So much damage was done when the remnants of hurricane Ike rolled through the region on Sunday. I took several pictures of the damage. We survived with only minor damage to our gate on our fence & some limbs down. One of my flower pots blew away to who knows where!!! My Internet doesn't work because the power surges fried my modem for my DSL. That is why there have not been any posts from me. Who knows when I will get a new one because of all the damage to the area AT&T is behind on tons of calls. But we are very thankful our house was spared.

We helped my sister on Monday remove 4 or 6 large limbs from the top of her house. But no damage was done (somehow). They were very large & I am so surprised they didn't cave her roof in when they came crashing down.

Our power came back on @ 11:59 pm on Sunday. So we didn't loose any food in our fridge or freezer. However - my mom & step-dad still don't have power at her house out in the county. They are saying now it may take until Sunday for everyone's power to be restored. She brought some food over from her deep freeze to put in our big upright freezer to keep from spoiling. She also took a hot shower. Bless her heart - I feel so bad for them.

Here are some pictures from the damage (most of these were "drive by shootings" so some are a little blurry):




This is a corn crop that is completely blown down by the winds:This is a picture of my sister's house:
Also - there was an awesome ring around the moon on Saturday night that was caused by the Cirrus clouds coming in ahead of Ike. I couldn't get out of the trees and houses enough to show how enormous the ring was - but here are a couple of those pics:

1 comment:

Joanne Fowler said...

AWESOME moon ring! I'm so thankful everyone here was safe. God is good!