Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday...

Yesterday was interesting. I felt terrible...that magnesium makes you feel yucky!!! But - I took it really easy too. I didn't do anything - not even walking around. Either Josh or the nurses have wheeled me to the nursery to see Isaiah - however I just walked back from the nursery on my own for the first time since Monday night...prior to that, I was walking where ever I wanted to go.

Isaiah gained more weight yesterday, but we can't say how much because the IV board & IV itself were removed & that we don't know how much that weighed. You would think they would weigh him before & then again after but they don't. He has been gaining 2 oz each day, which is great. They keep lowering the temperature in his isolette closer to room temperature until he can hold his own temperature where he needs to. It needs to be 28 degrees Celsius & they lowered it from 33.9 to 31 & today it is 28.7! He is doing great. His doctor hasn't seen him today yet - so things will surely change again today. But he did come up to me and mention that Isaiah will probably come home the middle to the end of next week as a projection. I didn't even ask - he just mentioned it!!! How exciting! You never know when, because for each baby it is different. They have to be eating their required food completely on their own without the tube, holding their temperature completely on their own & moved to a crib. But they always give you the projection of the babies due date. Which his due date is not until Dec. 31st & he may be coming home before Thanksgiving!!! Yippee! We will just wait & see. He is in the best care possible. I am still waiting to see my doctor this morning - she was across the hall when I left for the nursery at 9:20 AM, but it is almost 10:30 AM and she still hasn't made it over here. Who knows...but I will update again as soon as possible. I will add more pictures then too!

No comments: